Advanced organofunctional silane based corrosion inhibitor
How does MasterProtect 8000 CI work?
MasterProtect 8000 CI is a single component, ready to use, low viscosity, clear liquid which combines the proven effectiveness of penetrative silane treatments for the control of moisture and Chloride ion ingress with advanced organofunctional corrosion inhibition.
What are the unique features of MasterProtect 8000 CI?
MasterProtect 8000 CI dramatically reduces chloride induced corrosion of concrete steel reinforcement
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 8000 CI?
- Reduces corrosion in carbonated reinforced concrete
- Works at the molecular level to effectively inhibit macrocell (rebar to rebar) and microcell (on the same rebar) corrosion
- Proven long term effectiveness in laboratory and field trials > 7 years proven performance in aggressive environment subject to deicing salts and vehicular traffic
- Equally effective in high humidity conditions
- Chemically bonds to steel, cement paste and other silaceous material – will not wash or leach out during wetting / drying cycles, ensuring extended active life
- Simple and easy to use
- Does not discolour or change appearance of concrete
- Breathable vapour permeable treatment
- Repels further ingress by chlorides and water